#1 turns 6 this month

With a blink of an eye, #1 will turn 6 this month.... wow!  Can't believe how fast these 6 yrs have passed - some days of looking after her since she was a newborn & toddler seemed endless and long yet it has all gone almost too quickly.  

She has blossomed into a beautiful young girl; always polite, pleasant, caring, thoughtful, matured for her age... all I had wanted and more in a child I call my own.  

Yesterday, she dropped her first tooth; bottom right front tooth - had to do it at the dentist and she was a real trooper.  Though scared, she took a deep breath and left it all to the Dr Yang.  I was soooo proud of her.  Of course I have played Tooth Fairy last night.  Left a S$1 gold coin, a note saying "You were so brave!" and her little tooth under the pillow.  The look on her face was priceless when she found it.  Well, half of her thinks it was me and the other half thinks there really is a Tooth Fairy.  I'll leave it to her to allow herself to accept the real fact one day.

Last week I told her she had such cute dimples and I wonder who had them; Tummy Mummy or Tummy Daddy and she said,"I think my Tummy Mummy only because I prefer girls."  

I said, "If only she could see you now, she'll be so proud of you - look at how beautifully you have grown now!"  

She said,"I'll say, "Mummy, Mummy, I can ride a 2 wheel bicycle now!"  

Straight away, she turned and asked, "Will you be jealous if I called her Mummy?"

I decided not to reply but made it rhetoric, "What do you think?"

She smiled and said, "I know you will be!"

"It's only natural and normal that I'd feel jealous, right?  It's because I love you sooooo much! But I understand."  At which point, there was an achy tug in my chest - yes, of course, I'll be jealous - if I could I won't want to share this beautiful child with anyone else but me, myself and I... and that's normal, isn't it?

She continued,"When my Tummy Mummy gave birth to me, she put me into a giant-sized envelope and mailed it to you."

"Wow!  How big must have that envelope be?!!"  as she stretched out her arms all the way to the back.

"Why then do you think she chose me and not someone else?"  I asked.

Without hesitation, she replied, "It's because she knows you are a good Mummy...." and threw her arms around my neck, put her cheeks against mine and we hugged very tightly... me, with happy tears running down my face.

I just glimpsed heaven through my little girl's eyes again.  

Happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We Just Want You to Know.. Our Journey to Becoming a Family" by Andrea Yee

Dream Came True!

Planning to Adopt Again? Why Not?