We Survived the Year of PSLE & P1 !

I've always told others and now I'm telling it to myself.... that it is not so easy to die.  Seriously :)  

2017 was totally new chapter for our family; small one started life in primary school which the elder one ended hers - both in the same school.  The little one loved the fact that she had an older sister who orientated her very well; had her friends fussed over her.  And the big sister truly played that part very well.  Made us both very proud.  The teachers knew they were sisters and was very warm right from the get go.

There were many changes too, to their girls' schedules.  Small one had a lot more activities going thus, I was on the road quite a bit (should I sign up to be a Grab Hitch driver?).  Throughout it all, I just feel very blessed to be able to ferry my kids around.... that i have kids to ferry around.  I'd be lying if I said I had this feeling all the time though, without apologies, I think I'm entitled to feel fatigue and frustration now and then.  This makes me a normal mom, don't you think?

Well, what was my first PSLE experience like? Well, I'd say it was harrowing when I was going through it with my daughter because it forced us, parents, and child, to grow up really fast.  I saw my daughter mature throughout this experience.  I saw how she quickly realized it was all going to up to her and there was really nothing the parents can do besides finding the right help, scheduling and pampering.  It was a rather painful process but looking back, it was really necessary and I'm glad we went through it.  This is what life is about, isn't it, rising up to challenges and allowing it to shape us into stronger, better persons and hopefully, more matured individuals too.  She did pretty decently and in retrospect, I'm really glad we chose our relationship over results.  This was the first major exam in her life and many more to come... fretting over PSLE would be too premature.  And, okay, we didn't want to scar her now too....

I had scaled down quite a bit on the work front too this year.  Taking on zero projects at work, just continue giving adoption talks and facilitating support groups. 

It worked out so well that I've decided to be a freelancer so yes, if you do have plans for talks, discussions, etc on adoption related matters, I'm available.  Just email me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"We Just Want You to Know.. Our Journey to Becoming a Family" by Andrea Yee

What About Adoption?

2nd one, Mommy?